Code of Conduct
- Provide inspirational and motivational value-based academic and executive leadership to the college through policy formation, operational management, optimization of human resources and concern for environment and sustainability.
- Conduct himself/herself with transparency, fairness, honesty, highest degree of ethics and decision making that is in the best interest of the college.
- Act as steward of the College’s assets in managing the resources responsibility, optimally, effectively and efficiently for providing a conducive working and learning environment.
- Promote the collaborative, shared and consultative work culture in the college, paving way for innovative thinking and ideas.
- Endeavour to promote a work culture and ethics that brings about quality, professionalism, satisfaction and service to the nation and society.
- Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of them by the community.
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession; Discourage and not indulge in plagiarism and other non ethical behaviour in teaching and research; Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, including the community service.
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race, gender or sex in their professional Endeavour.
IQAC coordinator Responsibilities:
- To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution.
- To coordinate in preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
- Whoever adopts teaching as a profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself/herself in accordance with the ideal of the profession. A teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of his/her students and the society at large.
- Teacher should see that there is no incompatibility between his precepts and practice.
- The national ideals of education which have already been set forth and which he/she should seek to inculcate among students must be his/her own ideals.
- The profession further requires that the teacher should be calm, patient and communicative by temperament and amiable in disposition.
- Teacher should adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of them by the community. Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- Seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences etc., towards the contribution of knowledge.
- Maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and profession through them.
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorials, practical, seminars and research work, conscientiously and with dedication.
- Discourage and not indulge in plagiarism and other non ethical behavior in teaching and research.
- Abide by the Act, Statute and Ordinance of the University and to respect its ideals, vision, mission, cultural practices and tradition.
- Co-operate and assist in carrying out the functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the university, such as: assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and counseling students as well as assisting to conduct of university and college examinations, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation; and Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, including the community service.
- To maintain academic integrity and honesty.
- Attend and participate in classes, laboratory work, seminars and also in extracurricular activities.
- Complete the assigned work in a timely manner with attention to quality of work.
- Avoid making excuses for their behavior.
- Communicate in a careful and respectful manner with professors, other students and other members of the college community.
- Act in a civil manner that respects the college learning/social environment and complies with college policies outlined in the student constitution and college catalog.
- Utilize college resources and seek help when needed.
- Respect diverse ideas and opinions.
- Identify, develop, and implement a plan to achieve their educational goals.
Conduct between Teachers and students:
- Teachers should Respect the rights and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion.
- Teachers should deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, and gender, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- Teachers should recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs; Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare.
- Teachers should inculcate among students scientific temper, spirit of inquiry and ideals of democracy, patriotism, social justice, environmental protection and peace.
- Teachers should treat the students with dignity and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason; Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit.
- Teachers should make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guide students without any remuneration or reward.
- Teachers should aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals.
- Teachers should refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration.
Conduct between Teachers and Colleagues:
- Teachers should treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves wish to be treated.
- Speak respectfully of other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment.
- Refrain from making unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities.
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or sex in their professional endeavor.
Conduct between Teachers and Authorities:
- Teachers should discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with their profession in initiating steps through their own institutional bodies and / or professional organizations for change of any such rule detrimental to the professional interest.
- Teachers should refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment, including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities.
- Teachers should Co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand.
- Teachers should Co-operate through their organizations in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept offices.
- Teachers should Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view the interest and in conformity with the dignity of the profession; adhere to the terms of contract.
- Teachers should Give and expect due notice before a change of position takes place.
- Teachers should refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds and as far as practicable with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular responsibility for completion of academic schedule.
Conduct between Teachers and Non-Teaching Staff:
- Teachers should treat the non-teaching staff as colleagues and equal partners in a cooperative undertaking, within every educational institution.
- Teachers should help in the functioning of joint-staff councils covering both the teachers and the non-teaching staff.
Conduct between Teachers and Guardians:
- Teachers should try to see through teachers’ bodies and organizations, that institutions maintain contact with the guardians, their students, send reports of their performance to the guardians whenever necessary and meet the guardians in meetings convened for the purpose for mutual exchange of ideas and for the benefit of the institution.
Conduct between Teachers and Society:
- Teachers should recognize that education is a public service and strive to keep the public informed of the educational programmes which are being provided 98 THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART III—SEC. 4]
- Teachers should work to improve education in the community and strengthen the community’s moral and intellectual life
- Teachers should be aware of social problems and take part in such activities as would be conducive to the progress of society and hence the country as a whole.
- Teachers should perform the duties of citizenship, participate in community activities and shoulder responsibilities of public offices.
- Teachers should refrain from taking part in or subscribing to or assisting in any way activities, which tend to promote feeling of hatred or enmity among different communities, religions or linguistic groups but actively work for national integration.
- Code of Conduct PDF